2017 was a happening year when it came to hot vegan trends. An all-around push toward veganism as a lifestyle, above and beyond the plant-based diet, was exciting and encouraging. Here are just a few of the indicators that “vegan” is a hot trend and here to stay:
- In the fall of 2017, American actress Laverne Cox announced she has gone vegan.
- British grand prix sensation Lewis Hamilton too, made news when he went Vegan midseason.
- Google searches were already encouraging for keyword – ‘Vegan’ — a rise by almost 90% in 2016 as compared to previous years.
- Global fashion houses seriously contemplated the use of alternatives like pineapple leather and synthetic material over animal derives.
- The vegan leather industry is set to explode in the coming years, hitting $85 billion global mark.
- These trends clearly signify that Veganism is here to stay.
You’re expecting a baby — congratulations! Now’s a good time to take a good look at your eating habits. It’s more important than ever to give your baby the best start possible. because you’re eating for more than just yourself, and that’s a big responsibility.
It’s a good idea to eat five or six small meals throughout your day. That will help keep your energy levels at a constant, instead of the roller coaster of energy and fatigue that larger meals can trigger. It also helps to remember that, although you’re eating for more than just yourself, you’re not really eating for two. more→