Cuisinart® Green Gourmet Nonstick Cookware: A review
Some time ago, I received a set of Cuisinart® Green Gourmet Eco-Friendly Nonstick Cookware* to review. Lucky me — my hard-anodized cookware has seen better days, so the timing was impeccable! And though this cookware has yet to stand the test of time, from its initial performance in my very busy kitchen, I’m confident that it will. Cuisinart must be confident as well, as they offer a lifetime warranty, which states: “Your Cuisinart® Cookware is warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship with normal home use from the date of original purchase throughout the original purchaser’s lifetime.” So with a bit of care, who knows, my kids may still be using this cookware once I’ve departed for the hereafter.
VegKitchen has an in-depth article about healthy cookware options. It’s a question that readers ask from time to time —what’s the best kind of cookware, both from the culinary and health standpoints? It’s sometimes a tricky question to answer, as the best brands of cookware can be very pricey. Green Gourmet cookware seems to combine quality with affordability. If you can’t spring for the entire set at once, replace your worn-out pieces one at a time.
Here are a few things to know about the Green Gourmet line:
- The nonstick technology used to create the surfaces is petroleum free. It’s ceramic-based, so that it’s free of chemicals commonly used to create surfaces for cookware.
- The induction-ready stainless steel exterior allows for superior heat conductivity, as the literature states. Translation: Heat travels over the surface in such way to assure that food cooks evenly and efficiently. Cuisinart recommends not using these pans over high heat, which will not only help maintain the surface for a longer life, but is also not necessary.
- These pans clean up very easily. After letting the pan cool after use, little dish soap and a soft sponge have been more than sufficient. It’s not recommended to wash them in the dishwasher, as the detergents can compromise the surface. And it’s not necessary, honestly, with such easy clean-up.
- You can reduce or eliminate the amount of oil used in cooking. Cuisinart even promotes this fact in their literature, saying that you need only enough to “enhance the flavor and appearance of foods.” So for all you oil-free cooking fans, this is good news.
This cookware set is nice to look at! I can barely stand to stash it away in a cabinet, so I keep all these shiny pots and pans on a shelf, where I can admire them. Thanks to Cuisinart for letting me test drive this cookware set, and for making such durable products. I can’t even remember when I purchased my trusty Cuisinart food processor, but it has to be at least 15 years. I’ve used it at least 3 times a week for all those years, and it hardly shows sign of wear. If this cookware set is anywhere near as durable, I’ll be a very happy cook.
If you’re looking to replace your cookware for everyday use, I highly recommend Cuisinart® Green Gourmet Eco-Friendly Nonstick Cookware* And as a set, it would be a great gift for newlyweds or recent college graduates just starting to outfit their kitchen.
Cuisinart® provided the Green Gourmet 10-piece cookware set to VegKitchen for review, but did not otherwise compensate the reviewer for this post. The reviewer was not obligated to review this product. VegKitchen only chooses to review books and products that we can wholeheartedly recommend to our readers to enhance their healthy, plant-based lifestyles.
This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!
- Read more reviews of products for healthy living in VegKitchen’s Product Guide.