This nearly-instant sweet, salty, and pungent sauce, made with unsweetened stone fruit preserves, is perfect for spring rolls and dumplings. It’s also great with Quinoa Scallion Fritters as shown above, and Scallion Pancakes. It only makes a small amount, but a little goes a long way. If you’re really fond of it or like to slather it on, feel free to double the recipe.
Makes: about 1/2 cup
- 1/3 cup all-fruit apricot or peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons orange juice or mango nectar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated fresh or jarred ginger
Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir together until well blended.
- Here are lots more recipes for simple sauces and such.