Avocado and Pinto Bean Salad
Here’s an easy salad with a Southwestern flair. A tasty combo of avocado and pinto beans, this goes well with simple quesadillas and other tortilla specialties that don’t themselves contain beans. This also makes a great portable lunch along with stoneground tortilla chips and some seasonal fruit. Photos by Hannah Kaminsky.
Serves: 3 to 4
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups cooked or one 15- to 16-ounce cans
(drained and rinsed) pinto beans (of course, you can substitute
other favorite beans — red, black, pink, etc.)
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, or to taste
- 1/4 cup vinaigrette, prepared or homemade, or as needed to moisten
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
Combine the beans, tomatoes, cilantro, vinaigrette, and pepper in a serving bowl and toss well. This much can be made ahead.
Just before serving, stir in the diced avocado.
- Explore Bean Salads for more easy, tasty ideas.