Baked Tofu, Arugula, and Olive Wraps
Baby arugula livens up the flavor of these simple wraps featuring baked tofu, crisp cucumber, and olives. The combination of flavors makes this one of my favorite wraps — they’re so tasty, and make a great portable or at-home lunch. You can also make it for dinner and serve with soup, baked potatoes or sweet potatoes and/or corn on the cob, depending on appetite. Photos by Evan Atlas.
Makes: 2 wraps, doubles easily (or halve the recipe for one wrap)
- Two 10- to 12-inch wraps
- Vegan mayonnaise, as needed (or see Variations)
- A drizzle of mustard
- Two big handfuls of baby arugula leaves, or as needed
- 4 ounces baked tofu, any variety (half of an 8-ounce package), cut into strips
- 1/2 cup crisp cucumber, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped briny black olives
Place a wrap on a plate. Spread with vegan mayonnaise. Add a drizzle of mustard down the center.
Put a big handful of arugula in the center. Arrange a row of baked tofu strips next to it; make rows of cucumber and olives, as shown in the photo.
Fold 2 to 3 inches of the wrap over the ingredients on two sides, keeping the ends tucked in as you roll the wrap snugly to enclose all the ingredients. Cut in half with a sharp knife and serve at once, or pack up to take to school or work in a container that will protect it from getting crushed.
Variations: For even more flavor and protein, substitute hummus or pesto for the vegan mayo. You can Substitute baby spinach for the arugula, or use half of each.
- Explore more of VegKitchen’s Vegan sandwiches and wraps.