Here’s a basic, all-purpose olive oil vinaigrette dressing for salads, slaws, and marinating. Increase the proportion of vinegar if your prefer a more pungent taste.
Makes: about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 to /1/3 cup good vinegar (balsamic, apple cider,
white or red wine)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon natural granulated sugar or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
Combine all ingredients in a tightly lidded bottle and shake thoroughly. Shake well before each use.
Good with: Green salads; grain and/or bean salads; pasta salads; lentil salads; corn salads. Use for marinating vegetables before roasting or grilling; or for marinating tofu that has been very well drained, blotted and diced to use as a feta cheese substitute.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 128 calories; 14g total fat; 19mg sodium; 3g carbs; 0g fiber; 0g protein
- See VegKitchen’s selection of Classic Salad Dressings.