Basmati and Wild Rice Pilaf with Cashews
This simple recipe highlights the special aroma and flavor of Basmati rice.
- 1 cup raw brown Basmati rice
- 1/2 cup raw wild rice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 scallions, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup toasted cashew pieces
Rinse the Basmati and wild rice and combine them in a heavy saucepan with four cups of water. Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, until the water is absorbed, about 35 to 40 minutes.
Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the cooked rice along with all the remaining ingredients except the cashews. Sauté over low heat for ten minutes, stirring frequently. If the mixture seems dry, add a small amount of water. Stir in the cashews and serve at once.
- For more ways to use brown rice, explore Classic Rice Dishes.