Avocado and Pinto Bean Salad
Here’s a simple salad with a Southwestern flair. A tasty combo of avocado and pinto beans, this goes well with simple quesadillas and other tortilla specialties that don’t themselves contain beans.
- 3 to 4 cups cooked pinto beans, or
two 15- to 16-ounce cans, drained and rinsed
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup vinaigrette, prepared or
homemade, or as needed
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 medium avocados, pitted, peeled, and diced
Combine the beans, tomatoes, cilantro, vinaigrette, and pepper in a serving bowl and toss well. Just before serving, stir in the diced avocado.
- Explore Bean Salads for more easy, tasty ideas.