Chickpea Salad with Zucchini, Vegan Mozzarella, and Basil
Serve this hearty salad on its own as a first course preceding a lighter pasta dinner (see some tempting possibilities in Pasta on the Lighter Side).
- Two 16-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces vegan mozzarella, finely diced
(I like Vegan Gourmet cheese for this)
- 6- or 8-ounce jar roasted peppers, cut into strips, with liquid
- 1 small zucchini, very thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
or white balsamic vinegar, to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a serving bowl and mix well. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to an hour before serving.
- Explore Bean Salads for more easy, tasty ideas.