Chickpea Salad with Roasted Peppers, Tomatoes, and Basil
This easy salad is a great companion to many Italian-style pasta dishes or simple grain dishes, especially if the meal needs a protein boost.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 15- to 16-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 10- to 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 3 medium firm, ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 large celery stalk, diced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Mixed baby greens or baby arugula (or a combination), as needed
Combine all the ingredients except the greens in a mixing bowl and toss well.
To serve, line individual plates with greens and spoon some of the salad over them.Print This Post