Chickpeas with Tomatoes and Ginger
Vegan, wheat-free, corn-free, heart smart, low fat, and best of all, delicious! Recipe from Taste Life! Organic Recipes (2002) by Leslie Cerier. Reprinted by permission of Square One Publishers.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 inches ginger grated, 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 onion, sliced 1 cup
- 4 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked chick peas
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
Sauté onions, ginger, and tomatoes in oil till tomatoes are juicy, about 10 minutes.
Add chick peas, and spices. Stir and simmer for 5-10 minutes to blend flavors.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro.
- Here are more easy bean main dishes.
- Here are more of VegKitchen’s Vegan Dinner Recipes and more Main Dishes Featuring Grains and/or Beans.