Mediterranean Bean Salad with Pickled Beets
This colorful salad of kidney beans, beets, cabbage, and peas, is a good companion to mild pasta or grain dishes. Adapted from Pasta East to West.
- One 16-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- One 12- to 16-ounce jar pickled beets, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 cups thinly sliced red or green cabbage
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Curly red or green leaf lettuce, as needed
In a serving bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients except the lettuce and toss.
For each serving, spoon some of the bean salad over 2 or 3 lettuce leaves.
- Explore Bean Salads for more easy, tasty ideas.