Simple Marinated Beans
Mix up your favorite beans with fresh herbs and a vinaigrette, and you’ve got a great way to add protein to a meal. Adapted from The Vegetarian 5-Ingredient Gourmet.
- Two 16-ounce cans black, pinto, or pink beans, or black-eyed peas
(or a combination of two kinds), drained and rinsed
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley, or to taste
- 2 to 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup natural low-fat vinaigrette, homemadeor store-bought
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine the ingredients in a serving container and toss well. Cover and marinate an hour or two, refrigerated, then serve.
- Explore Bean Salads for more easy, tasty ideas.