Cabbage and Pepper Slaw
In this recipe, the slaw is dressed in oil and vinegar, so as it stands, it almost becomes a pickled cabbage relish. Adapted from Great American Vegetarian.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 5 cups firmly packed coarsely shredded cabbage
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into short, narrow strips
- 1 large celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon natural granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed or dred dill
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine the cabbage with the next 4 ingredients in a serving bowl. Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and let stand until the salt and sugar dissolve. Mix well and toss together with the cabbage mixture.
Cover and refrigerate for an hour or two hours before serving, stirring occasionally to distribute the dressing.
- Here are lots more creative and colorful slaw-style salads.
Print This Post