Makes: About a cup, enough for 4 servings (about 8 ounces dry) pasta
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 8 ounces dry pasta
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons miso, any type
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2-3/4 cup filtered water or pasta water
- Sea salt to taste
If you have time, soak the cashews in filtered water for 30 minutes, then rinse.
Cook pasta accordingly. Juice the lemon into the blender.
Place all ingredients in the blender with the smaller amount of water. Ideally, scoop out some of the pasta water from the pot, as it adds a nice thickness to the sauce. Blend until you get a smooth consistency. Add additional filtered water if needed to get the thickness desired. Sauce will thicken as it stands.
Visit Stephanie Weaver at The Recipe Renovator.
- For more vegan cheese-like recipes, go to Vegan Cheese-y Delights.