Cherry-Pomegranate Refrigerator Jam
This flavorful combination of cherries and pomegranate juice is cleverly thickened into spreadable jam by using chia seeds. There’s nothing like spreading a little fiber, vitamins C, K, and B, calcium, melatonin, calcium, and potassium on your morning toast! Recipe and photo by Ann Oliverio, from Crave, Eat, Heal: Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes to Satisfy Every Appetite* reprinted with permission © 2015 Front Table Books.
- 1½ cups frozen sweet cherries
- 1 cup 100% pomegranate juice
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cherry-flavored liquid stevia
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla-flavored liquid stevia
- Put the cherries and the pomegranate juice in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer the cherries for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the cherry mixture from the heat and stir in the chia seeds, lemon juice, and stevia liquids.
- Allow the mixture to cool for a while before spooning into a pint-sized mason jar.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!