Chickpeas with Tomatoes and Ginger
This tasty stew of chickpeas and tomatoes is vegan, wheat-free, corn-free, heart smart, low fat, and best of all, delicious! Recipe from Taste Life! Organic Recipes* (2002) by Leslie Cerier. Reprinted by permission of Square One Publishers.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 cups chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 cups cooked chick peas
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
Heat the oil in a medium skillet Sauté onions, ginger, and tomatoes over medium heat until the tomatoes are juicy, about 10 minutes.
Add chick peas, and spices. Stir and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes longer, to allow flavors to blend.
Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro.
- Here are more easy bean main dishes.
- Here are more of VegKitchen’s Vegan Dinner Recipes and more Main Dishes Featuring Grains and/or Beans.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!