Chocolate Almond Spread
Move over hazelnuts! Almonds are equally delicious when paired with chocolate. By simply blending almond flour, cacao powder, and agave nectar, you can create a rich and luscious spread that rivals the popular stuff in a jar. Use this as a topping for toast, layer it with sliced fruit on sandwiches, add it to your favorite sweet recipes, or smear it on sliced bananas or apples. Of course, you can also just lick it directly off a spoon. This makes about 1 cup.from Almond Flour: The High Protein, Gluten-Free Choice for Baking and Cooking by Beverly Lynn Bennett, (© 2016 Book Publishing Company, reprinted by permission) Photos by Evan Atlas.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1⁄3 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄3 cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put the almond flour, cacao powder, and salt in a food processor and process into a fine powder, about 1 minute.
- Add the agave nectar and vanilla extract and process until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. The consistency should be similar to peanut butter.
- Scrape into a serving container and serve as suggested above. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator.
See more about using almond flour in this post by Beverly Lynn Bennett.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!