Cinnamon Ice Cream
Since I’ve been making ice cream twice a week (at least) for the entire month of July, it’s only fair that I share, right? I made this ice cream with my students in our Vegan Desserts class a few weeks ago and everyone really enjoyed it. The consistency is a little like soft-serve. You can allow it to firm up more in the freezer for a while, if you have more patience than I usually do. But honestly, this is ridiculously good either way. Recipe and photo contributed by Vicki Brett-Gach from her blog Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen.
- 2 1/2 cups soy milk, plain, unsweetened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Whisk all ingredients together in a large bowl until combined well, and sugar is dissolved.
Carefully pour the mixture into the bowl of an automatic ice cream maker, and process according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Enjoy immediately, or harden further in freezer for an hour or more.
- Enjoy more of VegKitchen’s Vegan Ice Cream recipes.