Coconut-Peanut Sauce or Salad Dressing
This luscious mixture is as welcome on raw salads as it is to embellish cooked noodle, grain, or vegetable dishes. Adapted from Vegan Express.
Makes: about 1 1/2 cups
- One 8-ounce jar peanut satay sauce
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon red or green Thai chili paste, more or less to taste,
dissolved in a little hot water
- 2 teaspoons brown rice syrup, agave nectar, or maple syrup
Combine the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and whisk together until completely mixed. Use at room temperature as a dressing.
If you’d liked to use as a warm sauce, combine the ingredients in a small saucepan, whisk together, and heat gently until warm.
- Here are lots more recipes for simple sauces and such.