Cold Spirals with Roasted Red Peppers and Tofu “Feta”
This vegan pasta salad is great for parties, potlucks and barbecues.
- 8 to 10 ounces rotini or fusilli (use a flavored variety such as tomato-basil, if desired)
- One 6-ounce jar roasted red peppers, with liquid
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 recipe tofu “feta”
- 1 cup steamed fresh or frozen green peas
- 2 medium firm, ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook the pasta in plenty of rapidly simmering water until al dente. Drain and rinse until cool, then drain well again.
Meanwhile, drain the liquid from the red peppers into a small bowl. Combine it with the oil, vinegar, and oregano, and stir together to make the dressing. Thinly slice the red peppers.
Combine the cooked pasta in a large serving bowl with the red pepper strips, “feta,” peas, tomatoes, scallions, and parsley. Pour in the dressing and toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and toss again. Cover and refrigerate until needed, or serve at once.
- Here are more pasta salad recipes.