Cool Season Fruit Bowl
If it’s not quite the time for summery fruits, this medley makes the most of winter and early spring fruits for a luscious and refreshing finale to a meal. It makes a nice breakfast or brunch offering as well. Photos by Evan Atlas.
- 2 firm, ripe pears, any variety, quartered, cored, and diced
- 2 small oranges, sectioned and seeded
- 1 cup green or red seedless grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks, or one 20-ounce can unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained (save juice for another purpose)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh or jarred ginger, optional
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Combine the first 5 ingredients in a serving container.
In a small bowl, stir together the maple syrup, optional ginger, and lemon juice. Toss with the fruits. Serve at once or cover and refrigerate until needed.