This relish adds vivid color to fall harvest meals, and is a nice change of pace from jellied cranberry sauces for holiday meals.Serves: 8 or more
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 4 sweet apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup natural granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of allspice or nutmeg
- 1/4 cup golden or dark raisins
Combine all the ingredients except the raisins in a large saucepan. Stir together; bring to a simmer, then simmer gently, covered until the cranberries have burst and the apples are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Stir in the raisins and allow to cool, uncovered. Transfer to a serving container and serve at room temperature.
- Here are more recipes to enjoy a Vegetarian and Vegan Friendly Thanksgiving.
- Find more ways to make Special Occasions and Entertaining easier and healthier.
One comment on “Cranberry-Apple Relish”
Pingback: What Do Vegans Eat On Thanksgiving??