This cranberry and apple relish adds vivid color to fall harvest meals, and is a nice change of pace from jellied cranberry sauces for holiday meals.Serves: 8 or more
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 4 medium sweet apples, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of allspice or nutmeg
- 1/4 cup golden or dark raisins, optional
Combine all the ingredients except the raisins in a large saucepan. Stir together; bring to a simmer, then simmer gently, covered until the cranberries have burst and the apples are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Stir in the optional raisins and allow to cool, uncovered. Transfer to a serving container and serve at room temperature.