Crushed pineapple is the standout ingredient in this pleasant slaw. It provides a good balance to spicy or bold dishes. I like it with Southwestern fare like Tortilla Casserole, but my favorite dish to serve it with is Pasta Jambalaya.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 8 baby carrots, quarter lengthwise
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple (fresh or canned)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine the mayonnaise, relish, and mustard in a small bowl. Stir until blended.
Combine the cabbages, carrots, and pineapple in a serving bowl and toss together. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and mix well. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Here are lots more creative and colorful slaw-style salads.