Curried Potato-Tomato Salad
Potatoes and tomatoes in a curry-flavored base make a luscious summertime treat.
- 5 to 6 medium-large red-skinned potatoes
- 2/3 cup vegan mayonnaise, or as needed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons good-quality curry powder, or to taste
- 3 medium flavorful ripe tomatoes or 4 to 5 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup steamed fresh or thawed frozen green peas
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, or more, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
If you’d like to keep the skins on the potatoes, scrub them well. Microwave or bake the potatoes in their skins until done but still firm. Let the potatoes cool to room temperature.
If you prefer to use peeled potatoes in the salad, slip their skins off when they have cooled. Dice the potatoes into approximately 3/4-inch chunks, and place them in a serving container.
Combine the yogurt and curry powder in a small bowl and stir together. Pour over the potatoes, add the remaining ingredients, and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until needed or serve at once.
- See more of VegKitchen’s recipes for potato salads.
Print This Post