Daikon and Carrot Salad
Crisp daikon radish is wonderfully cleansing food, and combined with carrots, makes a simple and tasty salad that goes well with most any type of meal. You can substitute kohlrabi or turnip for the carrots, as well.
- 1 large daikon radish, peeled
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, or more, to taste
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or natural granulated sugar
- 1 to 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Fresh parsley or cilantro for garnish, optional
- 2 to 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts or sunflower seeds
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Cut the daikon and carrots into chunks and grate in a food processor.
Transfer to a serving container, add the remaining ingredients and toss together. Allow the salad to stand for 30 minutes so, to let the flavors blend.
Taste and add more lemon, agave, salt, and/or pepper if need be, then serve.
Per serving: Calories: 44; Total fat: 2g Protein: 0g; Carbs: 5g; Sodium: 37mg
Explore more of VegKitchen’s: