Dilled Chickpea Salad
This simple chickpea salad is made special with fresh dill, olives, and a hint of mustard. Spread it on fresh bread, stuff into a pita or wrap with leafy greens. Or, just dollop onto a green salad.
Serves: 4 to 6
- One 16- to 20-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium tomato or 2 plum (Roma) tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 large celery stalks, sliced diagonally
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1/4 cup black olives, preferably cured, chopped
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 teaspoons yellow or grainy mustard
Combine the first 5 ingredients in a serving bowl.
In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and mustard. Pour over the chickpea mixture and stir well. Serve at once or cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Explore Bean Salads for more easy, tasty ideas.