Quesadillas with Sweet Potatoes, Zucchini, and Corn
Quesadillas provide a quick and delectable way to get dinner on the table in a hurry. This combination of sweet potatoes, zucchini, and corn is especially delicious with salsa verde (tomatillo salsa).
Makes: 4 large or 8 smaller servings
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise, then thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups thawed frozen corn kernels
- 2 cups grated vegan cheddar or nacho cheese
- Four 12-inch flour tortillas or wraps
- 1 cup salsa (any variety; salsa verde is delicious with this), or as needed
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Microwave the sweet potatoes until done but still firm. Start with 2 minutes per potato, then add a minute at a time until they are done. Plunge into a bowl of ice water.
Combine the zucchini with a small amount of water in a medium skillet; cover and steam until partially done, about 2 minutes. Add the corn kernels and continue to steam just until the zucchini is tender-crisp, then remove from the heat.
Peel the sweet potatoes, then slice 1/4 inch thick.
Lay a tortilla on a baking sheet. Arrange 1/4 of the sweet potato slices on half of the surface, followed by 1/4 of the squash and corn mixture. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat with the remaining tortillas, using an additional baking sheet if needed.
Bake for 10 minutes, or until the tortillas begins to turn golden and crisp. Watch carefully!
To serve, place each quesadilla or half of a quesadilla on individual plates. Top with some of the avocado slices, and pass around salsa. Serve at once.
- Find more of VegKitchen’s Vegan Dinner Recipes and
more Burritos, Enchiladas, And Tortilla Dishes.
- Find lots more tortilla recipes in A Southwestern Supper.
- Enjoy more of VegKitchen’s sweet potato recipes.