Creamy Zucchini Soup
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance or other vegan buttery spread
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 pounds zucchini (about 6 medium-small), grated
- 32-ounce container vegetable broth
- 12.3-ounce container firm silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Heat the Earth Balance in a soup pot. Add the onion and sauté over medium heat, stirring frequently, until golden.
Add the zucchini and continue to sauté, stirring occasionally, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer gently until the zucchini is tender, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, puree the silken tofu in a food processor until completely smooth.
Add a little water if the soup is too thick. Stir in the dill and silken tofu. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat. If time allows, or cover and let stand off the heat for an hour or so before serving. Heat through as needed, reheat slowly without boiling.
- Try some of VegKitchen’s other Soulful Soups.
- Here are lots more easy tofu recipes.
- Enjoy VegKitchen’s selection of recipes for zucchini and other summer squashes.