Make a large batch of this cereal and store it in your pantry. This way you always have it on hand when a craving for sweet cereal strikes. Recipe from Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 People* by Jennifer Cornbleet.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped raw almonds or walnuts
- 2 teaspoon raw sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar, raw honey, or whole cane sugar
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries, or sliced strawberries for summer,
or sliced apple or pear for fall and winter
Place the rolled oats, raisins, almonds, sunflower seeds, and sweetener in a small bowl. Toss gently to combine. Serve with the almond mil and berries.
Muesli may be stored in a sealed container in the pantry for up to three months. If you will be storing it, use whole cane sugar instead of agave nectar or raw honey, or add the liquid sweetener just before serving.
Reprinted by permission of The Book Publishing Company.
- Explore VegKitchen’s vegan breakfast recipes.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!