Mashed Potato Burritos
This would be an ideal meal to make of leftover mashed potatoes, but that’s one leftover I rarely seem to have on hand. But if you find yourself with some, these tasty burritos can be made in a flash. Adapted from The Vegetarian 5-Ingredient Gourmet.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup rice milk, or as needed
- Salt to taste
- 6 burrito-size (about 10 inch) flour tortillas
- Your favorite salsa (tomato or tomatillo), as needed
- 1 cup grated vegan cheddar or vegan nacho cheese
Cover the potatoes with water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer, cover, and simmer gently until tender, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, wrap the entire batch of tortillas in foil and warm in a preheated 350º F. oven or toaster oven.
Combine the drained potatoes and milk in a mixing bowl and mash well. Season with salt.
Divide the mashed potatoes among the tortillas, spreading some down the center of each. Spread a little bit of salsa over the potatoes, and sprinkle with the optional cheese. Roll up snugly and eat out of hand.
- For lots more Southwestern-style recipes, go to A Southwestern Supper.
- Find more easy, tasty potato recipes
- Find more of VegKitchen’s Vegan Dinner Recipes and more Burritos, Enchiladas, And Tortilla Dishes.