Pasta Twists with Cauliflower and Spinach
One evening not long ago, I had about one hour to make dinner for the family—and eat—between getting home from one activity and going out to another. I improvised based on what was in the fridge rather than following a recipe. This was the result; everyone liked this simple dish so much that I was compelled to compose a recipe for it, and have followed it many times since.
- 10 to 12 ounces cavatappi or fusilli
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into smallish bite-sized pieces
- 4 to 5 ounces fresh baby spinach, rinsed
- 1/4 cup sliced oil-cured sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, or more, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Cook the pasta in plenty of rapidly simmering water until al dente, then drain.
Meanwhile, heat half of the oil in a large skillet or stir-fry pan. Add the garlic and sauté over low heat until golden.
Add the cauliflower and about 1/2 cup water. Cover and steam, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is tender but still firm, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Layer the spinach over the cauliflower and cover. Cook for just a minute or two, until wilted, then stir together with the cauliflower.
Add in the dried tomatoes, raisins, parsley, cooked pasta, and the remaining olive oil. Stir together gently, then season with salt and pepper and serve.
- More of VegKitchen’s Vegan Dinner Recipes and Pasta Entrées.
- Here are more lighter seasonal vegan pasta recipes.
- Here are more recipes for cauliflower and broccoli.
- Explore more way to enjoy spinach.