Tossed Salad Wraps
A basic tossed salad is transformed into a crunchy sandwich by wrapping it up. This is especially good with soups.
- 3 or so cups thinly shredded lettuce (any tender variety—
try butterhead or bibb)
- 2 medium firm, ripe tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes or olives of your choice
- 1/4 cup natural vegan dressing of your choice (French Thousand Island,
or a tahini-flavored dressing are good)
- Four 10-inch wraps or burrito-sized flour tortillas
Combine the first 4 ingredients in a mixing bowl and toss together.
Divide the salad among the 4 wraps, distributing it evenly over the entire surface, leaving approximately 2 inches empty at one side of each wrap. Roll up snugly. Cut each half and eat out of hand.
Add other thinly sliced or grated salad vegetables (carrots, turnips, radishes, etc.) and fresh herbs as desired.
If you’re not serving these with a protein dish, add chickpeas or other beans, or thinly sliced strips of baked tofu to make these wraps more substantial.
Click here for lots more recipes for vegan sandwiches and wraps.Print This Post