- 6 soft taco-size (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 large firm ripe avocado, finely diced
- 2 to 3 scallions, minced
- 1 cup grated nondairy cheese
- Salsa Ranchera, Salsa Verde, or store-bought salsa
- Vegan sour cream, optional
- Shredded lettuce for garnish
Spread the tortillas out flat and divide the avocado dice, grated cheese and scallions among them. Arrange the filling on one half of each tortilla, leaving about a l/2-inch border near the edges. Fold each tortilla over to make a half-circle.
On a hot dry griddle, cook the quesadillas on both sides until nicely golden brown (flip them carefully!).
Arrange one quesadilla on each serving plate and cut in half with a sharp knife to make two wedges. Top with a bit of the salsa and if desired, a small dollop of vegan sour cream.
- Find more of VegKitchen’s Vegan Dinner Recipes and more Burritos, Enchiladas, And Tortilla Dishes.
- For lots more Southwestern-style recipes, go to A Southwestern Supper.
Print This Post