Individual Tortilla Pizzas
These Southwestern-flavored “pizzas,” made with flour tortillas, can be part of a satisfying meal served with a bean chile or a bean salad. Otherwise, they make a nice appetizer.
Serves: 6 as a main dish; lots more as an appetizer
- 6 soft taco-size (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into very thin strips
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut as above
- 1 cup cooked fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup finely diced firm, ripe tomatoes
- One 4- to 8-ounce can chopped mild green chilis
- or 1 to 2 small hot fresh chilis, seeded and minced
- 2 to 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar-style non-dairy cheese
- Dried oregano
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Spread the tortillas in a single layer on two nonstick baking sheets (you may have to bake them in batches if they don’t all fit at once).
Divide the ingredients evenly over the tortillas in the order listed, ending each with the grated cheese and a sprinkling of oregano. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly. Cut each tortilla into 4 wedges to serve.Print This Post