Broccoli and Baby Corn Stir-Fry
Here’s an easy and colorful side dish to accompany Asian noodle main dishes. It’s especially good with just-picked broccoli from the garden or farm stand.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1/4 cup sherry or dry wine
- 4 cups bite-sized broccoli florets
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced diagonally, or
1/2 cup baby carrots, halved lengthwise if thick
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh or jarred ginger
- 15-ounce can baby corn, drained
- Pinch of salt
Heat the oils and sherry together in a stir-fry pan, then add the broccoli, carrot, and ginger. Stir fry until the broccoli is bright green and tender-crisp.
Add the baby corn and salt. Stir-fry until the baby corn is heated through, then remove the ginger slices and serve.