Napa Cabbage and Mushroom Stir-Fry
Napa cabbage is a leafier relative of bok choy. It’s quick and delicious in a stir-fry with mushrooms. This is compatible with Asian rice, noodle, and tofu dishes.
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 medium head napa cabbage, leaves halved
lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 8 to 10 ounces cremini or baby bella mushrooms,
cleaned and cut in half
- A good handful of stemmed shiitake mushrooms,
- 2 to 3 scallions, green parts only, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Heat the oil and wine in a stir-fry pan. Add the cabbage, mushrooms, and scallions. Stir-fry over medium-high heat until the cabbage is tender-crisp and the mushrooms tender, about 6 to 8 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper, and serve.
Variation: Make this dish with a small head of thinly shredded savoy cabbage in place of the napa.