Stir-Fried Bok Choy with Shiitake Mushrooms
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium bunch bok choy, or 3 to 4 baby bok choy,
stalks and leaves sliced
- 4 to 6 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 heaping cup snow peas, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons dry cooking sherry or white wine
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh or jarred ginger
- Cayenne pepper or hot chili oil to taste
- Hot cooked rice, optional
Heat the oil in a stir-fry pan. Add the onion and stir-fry over medium high heat until translucent.
Add the bok choy, shiitakes, snow peas, soy sauce, and sherry. Stir-fry until the vegetables are tender-crisp. Add the ginger and cayenne. Season with additional soy sauce if desired and serve at once over hot cooked rice or on its own as a side dish.
- Here are more recipes for Leafy Spring Greens.
- Here are more easy vegetable stir-fries.
- Mushroom lovers, rejoice! Here are more mushroom recipes for you.