Ginger, Pear, and Spinach Shake
You can substitute 1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice for some of the water, or throw in a handful of cashews for more texture and protein. Try chilling the shake in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before serving if you want a more cooling effect. Contributed by Alexandra Jamieson, from Vegan Cooking for Dummies.
Yield: 2 servings
- 3 pears, washed, cored, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds or hemp seeds
- 2 cups frozen cherries
- 3 cups water (or as needed)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 cups spinach, washed, and stems removed
Combine all ingredients in a blender, adding the water so that the ingredients are just covered.
Blend well. Add more water if you want to thin the consistency.
- Here are more of VegKitchen’s recipes for green smoothies.