Spinach and Apple Smoothie
Makes two 12-ounce or three 8-ounce servings
- 2 big handfuls baby spinach
- 1 medium apple, cored and cut into large chunks
- 3- to 4-inch piece cucumber (preferably peeled),
cut into chunks
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla nondairy milk or water, or half of each
- 1 to 2 tablespoons hemp seeds or chia seeds, optional
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar or other liquid sweetener, optional
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice, to taste
- A few ice cubes, optional
Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Process until completely smooth. Divide between 2 or 3 glasses and serve at once.
- Explore more recipes for Green Smoothies on VegKitchen.