Fruity Red Coleslaw
This fruit-filled red cabbage salad adds great color to any plate. It benefits from having time to stand, allowing the flavors blend and for the cabbage to soften, so prepare it before making your main dish. Photos by Rachael Braun.
Serves: 6 or more
- 2 cups coarsely shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots, or 8 baby carrots,
- 2 medium crisp apples, cored, cut into quarters, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely diced mango or pineapple,
or halved red or green seedless grapes
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts or almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave nectar, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice, or to taste
Combine all of the ingredients in a serving container and stir together. Let stand for 15 minutes or more before serving.
- Here are lots more creative and colorful slaw-style salads.