Fruity Spinach Salad
Any variation of a spinach salad immediately shoots to the top of my favorites list.This popular combination of spinach and strawberries, is drizzled with a sweet poppy seed dressing. I get a little extra footloose and fancy-free, adding in some cantaloupe and almond slivers for an unexpected crunch. Recipe and photos by Sharon Discorfano, from Stellar Vegan Salads. * Reprinted by permission.
- ¼ cup blanched almond slivers
- 2 to 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup cubed cantaloupe
- 1 cup halved or sliced strawberries
Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons Italian or Spanish extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon champagne or other mild vinegar
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon natural granulated sugar or agave nectar
Blanch almond slivers by heating in a small skillet over medium flame. Stir them constantly for just a couple of minutes – careful not to burn!
Place spinach leaves in the bowl, then arrange the cantaloupe and strawberries in the bowl. Sprinkle with almond slivers.
Combine ingredients for the dressing. You can simply whisk them all together, or use a food processor or blender.
Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately, with any remaining dressing on the side.
- Here are more recipes for colorful green salads.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!