Grainy Mustard Vinaigrette
When you want a vinaigrette that’s more assertive than the basic recipe, try this one, with a generous dollop of grainy mustard. It’s great on any kind of mixed greens salad or potato salads, and is also good for dressing lightly steamed vegetables like broccoli and asparagus.
Makes: about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grainy mustard, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, crushed, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon each: dried oregano, dill, and basil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a tightly lidded cruet or bottle and shake well. Shake well before each use.
See VegKitchen’s selection of Classic Salad Dressings.