Gingery Stir-Fried Bok Choy with Cashews
Quick, and colorful, this bok choy stir-fry gets an extra rich flavor from lots of cashews and ginger. You can also use extra-virgin coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, or sesame oil for this delicious vegan and gluten-free side dish. Recipe contributed by Leslie Cerier. Photo by Tracey Eller.
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil or other neutral vegetable oil.
- 2 tablespoons grated organic ginger
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon tamari, or to taste
- 1 cup organic cashews (raw or toasted, as you prefer)
- 1 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 6 cups sliced bok choy
- 1 cup sliced scallions
Warm a wok or stir-fry pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil, ginger, mirin, tamari and cashews. Stir-fry 2 minutes to flavor the cashews with the ginger.
Add the red bell pepper and bok choy and stir-fry for 3 minutes, or until the red pepper turns bright red and bok choy wilts slightly.
Taste and add more tamari for a saltier flavor, if desired.
- Here are more easy vegetable stir-fries