Quick Weeknight Paella
Paella is a popular Spanish dish that is full of flavor and usually filled with meats or seafood. This delicious dish can sometimes take over an hour to cook, but not with this vegan recipe. Perfect for date night at home or for a hearty family weeknight meal, all you need is about 35 minutes to create a paella with all the tasty flavor of traditional Spanish paella that satisfies your vegan diet.
Serves: 6 to 8
- 1 package Lightlife Smart Strips® Chick’n
- 1 8 ounce package saffron rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon freshly minced garlic
- ¾ teaspoon paprika
- 1 large can diced tomatoes, well drained
- 1 (7 ½ ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, sliced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, sliced lengthwise
- ½ cup Chardonnay white wine
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
In a medium saucepan place 2 cups water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add package of saffron rice, stirring while boiling for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium low and cook covered 20 to 23 minutes. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork. Set aside and keep warm.
In 10-inch non-stick place olive oil, add Smart Strips. Cook over medium heat until light brown (1 to 2 minutes). Turn over; continue cooking until browned (1 to 2 minutes). Remove from heat, cut into chunks, and keep warm.
In same skillet, over medium heat, add garlic and paprika. Stir for 30 seconds.
Add remaining ingredient. Bring to a boil. Continue cooking, over medium heat, for 4 to 5 minutes. (There will be some liquid in the skillet.)
On large serving platter, place rice, Smart Strips, and tomato mixture. Stir gently to combine.
Tip: Add any vegetables you may like for a new, seasonal twist on this recipe. Enjoy!
This recipe is from Lightlife®, a company that creates delicious vegetarian and vegan products that even meat-eaters enjoy. Lightlife also contributes 5% of their profits to causes that work to protect children, the environment and human rights. Visit Lightlife to find veggie goodness for you and the planet!
- Explore more classic rice dishes.
- Here are more of VegKitchen’s Vegan Dinner Recipes and
more Main Dishes Featuring Grains and/or Beans.