Wild Rice Salad
Serves: 6 to 8
- 32-ounce carton low-sodium vegetable broth,
or 4 cups water with 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 3/4 cup wild rice
- 3/4 cup long grain brown rice
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly diced
- One 12-ounce jar marinated artichokes, chopped, with liquid
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley, or more, to taste
- 2 to 3 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup vinaigrette, homemade or store-bought, or as needed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine the broth (or water with bouillon cubes) with the wild rice in a saucepan and bring to a slow boil. Stir in the brown rice, then lower the heat, cover, and simmer gently until the liquid is absorbed, about 35 minutes. If the rice isn’t done to your liking, add another 1/2 cup of water and continue to simmer until absorbed. Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow to cool, uncovered, to room temperature.
Combine the rice with the remaining ingredients in a serving container and toss well. Serve at once or cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Here are more recipes for grain salads.