Golden Roasted Cauliflower with Red Onion
Curry and lemon add an offbeat flavor and vivid color to this roasted cauliflower dish. Red onion and garlic add depth of flavor. Use on its own as a tasty side dish, or toss with pasta or grains.
Serves: 6 as a side dish
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large red onion, quartered and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive or safflower oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, as desired
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cauliflower and onion.
In a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, and curry and whisk together. Drizzle over the cauliflower and stir until evenly coated.
Transfer the cauliflower mixture to a parchment-lined roasting pan and place in the oven. After 15 minutes, add the garlic and give the mixture a good stir.
Roast for 10 to 15 minutes longer, or until the vegetables are touched with brown spots. Transfer to a covered serving container, season with salt and pepper, and stir in as much cilantro or parsley as you’d like.
- Here are more recipes for cauliflower and broccoli.