Green Goddess Dressing
This strong herbal dressing not only has a luscious taste, but makes good use of nutrient-rich parsley.
Makes: about 1 cup
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh parsley leaves (some stems are fine)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup peeled, seeded, and chopped cucumber
- Juice of 1/2 to 1 lemon, to taste
- 1 scallion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill and/or several basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Place all ingredients in the container of a food processor. Process until herbs are very finely minced. Transfer to a tightly lidded cruet or bottle and shake well before each use.
Variation: Substitute or add other fresh summer herbs of your choice.
Good with: Tomato salads; grain and/or bean salads, especially barley, rice, and white beans; pasta salads; lentil salads; cold noodle salads; also makes an unusual dressing for potato salads.
- See VegKitchen’s selection of Classic Salad Dressings.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *