Hearty Seitan Salad
Here’s a delectable main-dish salad featuring strips of high-protein seitan, embellished with avocado and olives. This salad is also delicious served in wraps. Accompany with a potato salad or a pureed soup.
- 1 pound prepared seitan or Homemade Seitan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small head thinly shredded dark green lettuce, or as desired
- 1 medium green or red bell pepper, cut into narrow strips
- 2 medium firm, ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 scallions, sliced, optional
- Natural bottled or homemade dressing of your choice (see Note)
Cut the seitan into strips, about 1/2 by 2 inches. Heat the oil in a wide skillet. Sauté the seitan strips until golden, stirring frequently, then remove from the heat.
Combine the lettuce, bell peppers, tomatoes, avocado, and olives in a mixing bowl and toss together. Add the seitan strips and toss again.
Per serving (without dressing): Calories: 307; Total fat: 18g; Protein: 27g; Fiber: 33g;
Carbs: 12g; Sodium: 64mg